Friday, August 30, 2013

August Moon day 8 & 9

August Moon Day 8: Letting go


Kat writes:

What are three things you would like to let go of before the year is out? See if you can list three physical things and three emotional ones.

Going to quickly get through this blog post as it's 3am already. Time for bed!
So first 3 things I can think of that I'd like to let go of are:

  1. Old clothes I rarely ever wear. This month I want to have a ruthless clear out of my wardrobe, ready for summer. It doesn't seem like much but it always makes me feel much better. I feel suffocated in my single room without a wardrobe when there's too much clutter. I feel bad for getting rid of some of the dresses as they cost a bit and I've hardly worn some as I don't like them that much. I guess writing off that money spent and thinking twice before buying clothes spontaneously again will be a good thing. 
  2. I need to let go of resentment I feel towards people. I find it difficult when I don't feel people are pulling their weight as much as they ought to, but there really is no point letting it get me down. 
  3. Argh, struggling to find a third. I guess I need to let go of bad habits. Like getting up too late and not having time to get to work on my own steam. 


Meredith writes:

There are only four months left of 2013. Have you accomplished your goals for the year?

What do you need to prioritize to end the year on a high note?

I haven't saved nearly as much as I should've, so I'm going to prioritise saving money.

I'm also going to prioritise my health - eating more healthily and exercise.

I'm also going to prioritise me time - time to garden, to cook (making everything from scratch again) and prioritise knitting time before the summer madness hits!

1 comment:

  1. Making space and making more time for our health and creative passions is a fantastic way to end the year! Be sure to go gently, tho. :)

    ReplyDelete