Sunday, December 8, 2013

More Milos

Displaying 20131208_005020.jpg



My ribbed hat is coming along nicely. I really love the way it's striping on a diagonal. Excuse the fact I took the photo on my messy desk at work. The alpaca is so soft. I'm very jealous of the wee boy who'll get to wear it.

Once that's finished I am casting on yet another milo (hopefully by Tuesday). I ordered Skeinz vintage DK in pink for it. Haven't decided yet whether to do a plain cable, owls or XOXOs down the panel. It will be in newborn size so shouldn't take long but will be bitter sweet knitting as the little girl it was for sadly passed away - so I'll be thinking of her mum with every stitch.

Here's the link to the pattern for the Milo. People I've made it for before have said it's the best baby knit as it's so easy to get on and off - no buttons - and great for any season. 


I think I've posted the photo below before but I just love this photo my friend took of her gorgeous little girl modelling her Milo. I made that one in Ashford Tekapo yarn so it was quite a cheap knit. Only $18 or so... and my labour was free as it was a gift.  It seems to have washed up well too. 


No comments:

Post a Comment