Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Blanket

Tonight I picked up a knitting project I hadn't touched in a while as I needed a break from my lace hat.

This will eventually be a blanket - either a couch snuggle rug or big enough for a single bed. I've used a baby blanket pattern from Vintage Knits for Modern Babies but cast on extra stitches.

It will be for my niece once it's done and hopefully I'll finish it before I go travelling! There's hours and hours of work to do before then though. Each row has a couple of hundred stitches. I've done only 40 rows so far...

The yarn is assorted part balls of dk weight left over from other projects. It seems that purple is going to feature a lot - remnants of baby girl knits.

2 comments:

  1. I love seeing your knitting. It's fascinating to me how it is all done. I still hope one day I will get round to learning it once all my projects are finished or further down the track.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Plenty of years to learn, Lina :-) Once you've got all the kids in kindy/school...

    ReplyDelete