Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Finding savings where I can.

I'm starting to look at which spending I can cut out or lessen.

One area that I spend more than $1000 a year on is hair cuts. That's just a haircut and blonde highlights every 2 months. Seeing as I won't be able to keep that up on the road anyway, I figure I might as well get used to being brunette now.

I'm going to keep growing it long for another year as I'm plain lazy and love to throw it in a ponytail each day. Plus you can get away with trimming it only every 6 months or so. Looking back on my last trip,  I can see I might cut it shorter once I reach Bolivia and Peru. Hot water in hostels is not that common there and let me tell you, washing hair in a cold shower on a freezing cold morning is not fun at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment