Tuesday, June 4, 2013

A great weekend. ..

Im quite exhausted after the weekend just gone.  It was Handmade weekend. I only took 3 classes this year as I had to work each night.
I feel I can now to basic crochet (or at least hold the needle right) after a 2 hour lesson. I'm really excited about that as it's something I've been meaning to learn for quite some time.
I sat and knitted in the knit lounge for a bit which is always inspiring.  I love to see what others are making.
I swapped out of my sewing class and went to a gardening lecture on growing cut flowers instead. It was really interesting - definitely gave me some ideas that I can try in the small space I have to work with.
Today I had the day off so after a sleep in, I did nothing but relax. I managed to read 50 paged of the 1250 page Les Miserables (will I ever finish?!). I also finished my ultra slouchy hat. It's so toasty warm - made from hand spun manos del uruguay yarn. I may have just finished 1 baby bootie in vintage dk too.
I meant to spend time in the kitchen but it didn't really happen. I made a delicious quinoa risotto for dinner though. I just love quinoa! Reminds me of being back in Peru.
Right,  better sleep. Have to be at work from 11am until about midnight tomorrow.  Joy! I will be dressed in my 1920s finest for half of it though so should be fun. Better remember to take my heels.

No comments:

Post a Comment