Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Counting down to Handmade 2013

I've had my two days of leave booked since the beginning of the year and have impatiently been checking the website every week to see when the programme would be out and tickets on sale. Finally they've posted some dates!
 
The programme is out on March 26th.
VIP tickets can be bought from March 27th.
 
Gaaaah! Cannot wait! But really how I am supposed to look through the programme, work out what classes I can do that don't clash, how many I need to do etc etc in only 24 hours? Picking the classes is one of the funnest parts. I wish they'd let me elongate that process just a little, without fear of missing out on tickets. 
 
Last year I found doing the entire weekend package of 8 classes a little overwhelming. Especially with only 15 minute breaks between them to rush from one place to another, all the while carting around freshly made cheeses, rolling pins, knitting and a bag of sewing supplies. This year I think 4 classes would be a nice amount - leaving plenty of time to hang out in the knit lounge.
 
I'm going to do the same as last year and book a hotel in the city for the night. It seems a bit luxurious seeing as I live only a 30 minute walk or 10 minute bike ride from the CBD, but it's nice to give an entire weekend over to craft and relaxation.
 
13 days...

No comments:

Post a Comment